View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:31 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
I i have waffled on perspectives but not facts. There is an over supply of mechanics as evidenced by every metric I can find. This is good for owner/operators but bad for mechanics. A decreasing supply trend will at some point reverse this dynamic.
You have waffled on everything, and presented "perspective" as fact. Your statements are false.

You stated that:
A&P's vanished. This is false. It's not possible.
There is a mechanic "oversupply." This has never been the case.
The FAA is counting plastic certificates. The FAA has no need.
Airlines have not hired mechanics in 17 years. Very false.
Most heavy maintenance has left the country. False.
Large disparity of pro pilots vs. mechanics at airlines...(American, for example) has the largest base of approx 13,000 pilots, yet approx 11,000 mechanics and related, 11,000 pilots at United, 9,000 mechanics, etc)
Wages are flat for mechanics (Last year, United mechanics rejected a contract proposal of a 25% increase in wage plus bonuses; they knew they could do better)
Some kind of relationship exists between the number of pilots and mechanics. Patently false.
18% of the mechanic population has died or lost their certificate. Unsupported and false.
The FAA required plastic certificates recently. The requirement went out in 2008. It's 2017 now.
Plastic certificates were to protect social security numbers. Very false.
Plastic certificates were introduced to count the number of working mechanics. False and ridiculous.
And so on.

Do you waffle on about this material simply to be controversial, or are you really this poorly informed?