View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:27 AM
JesuitValen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by HeyOneTaco View Post
So here's a pipe dream but hear me out..

Why wouldn't bringing all the flying in house via a fence work?

Park all of the 200s once the C-series arrive. All 900, E170/75s come in house and they slowly dismantle regional flying and create a pilot fence. I'll explain, there's two phases to creating this fence.

1: The initial launch and staffing of it.
2: The new hire program.

So when I mean fence I mean all of the regional type flying becomes the entry level of Delta. You must operate for at least two years as a captain in the fence program. Then you can bid out to the mainline fleet as we know it today. The encentive to bid out is pay. Make it worthwhile to leave the fleet so people do, or put it in the contact you have to.

So the hard part is staffing it at first, I think we do this with the current Endeavor pilots. Via a quick flow that eliminates the staple talk, new employee numbers, new seniority numbers and new pay scales. We then staff this fenced fleet of Delta until the clock starts for folks to bid out.

Then the wheel starts turned leading us to phase 2: new hires.

All new hires at Delta are hired in as an FO for the fenced fleet. They then work there way up to captain, maybe a year or two, then 2 years as a captain, then bid out to mainline fleet.

I know there are holes to this, but one thing it eliminates is 12 year CA pay for flying a 200. No one would be making more than year 4 CA pay to fly regional aircraft. So therefore you've kept the staffing costs down.

Thoughts?
When you say "i know there are holes" it sounds like you're saying "i don't want to hear any of them." So when you're saying "thoughts" it sounds like you're just looking for applause. Reminds me of a couple posters on here.

Bring everything in house gets a lot of cheers from me and like thinkers. There's a dozen ways to make it happen, and 5 or 6 times that in reasons why it won't happen today or next month. Delta would try a lot of little things incrementally before doing the above.