Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Sumtinwong
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by deltajuliet View Post
Until we can stem new hires coming here (what are they thinking!?), we have little to no leverage. It'll take a horrible summer travel season of cancelled flights to get a contract, and even then there will probably be a 6-12 month lag time as management figures it'll only be necessary prior to the following Christmas or summer travel period. WisJudge pointed out that our cease and desist of new hire bonuses will probably get caught up in the slow moving, appeals-ridden bureaucratic court system and go nowhere fast. Our attrition is good but it's only slightly outpacing hiring, and in fact management just outhired us for March. Somehow. It'll take more people leaving, a lot more, for anything to get done in 2017. And I hate to say it but I feel like part of the problem in that respect.

In the meantime, I'm afraid the company might somehow actually scrape through this summer.
The union is failing Us in this respect. They should create a website that compares Mesa pay and all of our benefits against our competition. They should also go to job fairs and hand out cards with the website address on it so anybody who's interested in Mesa can see a factual and accurate comparison of what they can expect here. Recruiting isn't giving all the details so that applicants can make informed decisions, why would they. It would also compare upgrade times at Mesa against the competition. Add in the recent contracts signed by some 50 seat operators that Mesa say is failing.

These new hires don't have all the information. The only way they can find out the specifics of how these operations work is either come to this website, or Word of Mouth. There is too much misinformation and antics on this site to be a reliable source. The union needs to take the reigns and inform.