Thread: Miami Air
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Miami73
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by b738pilot View Post
After observing this forum for a long time, I finally can't keep quiet anymore and had to sign up so I can respond to some of these negative comments.

First of all, I have to thank anthony210 for his hard work and effort along with the rest of our union for finally pushing this contract through. And +1 on your last comment!

I came from the regionals to Miami Air and I love it here. If you're a South Florida based pilot sick of commuting, Miami Air is a lifesaver. The quality of life is great and thanks to this new contract, the money is great. Of course other 737 operators pay a lot more, but for the quality of life, I'm very happy with Miami Air's pay especially with the new contract's increases.

It's not for everyone, and it is what you make of it. But if you're looking for a 737 job that will fly you around the world, make good friends within a small company, have a variety of different types of flights, and your commute being a drive to KMIA, then Miami Air is for you. If you live in Chicago, Dallas, New York, then go to a regional. If you're more interested in flying a regional jet than a 737, then go to a regional. Just don't sit on this forum and bash Miami Air if you don't even work here or know what life is like here. I'm not going to bash the regionals even though I didn't enjoy my time there, everyone has their own thing that works for them.

But I can tell you, as a Miami Air pilot, I'm very happy to call this my airline and make a career here.

Let's see what you think of this place after you've been here for longer then probation.... Nobody here says they are happy to call this their career airline- nobody.