View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:12 PM
35Right
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by RollOut View Post
You are indeed way too skeptical. I'm sure it will be hard for you to go back to that time where you knew little or next to nothing about airplanes...flying conditions, thermals, how the working parts function in tandem, how to recognize when something is malfunctioning before it becomes a serious problem, learning to talk to ATC, how to gas up your own plane, and overall putting to use and correlating the stuff you learn in the textbook as often as possible so when you DO take that lesson, you can use each lesson to add an additional layer of knowledge, and not just settle for re-learning everything (as I feel I am doing now). Flying is not something that "clicks" for me. At least not yet. Not sure why you have an issue with someone wanting to learn as much as possible about something that doesn't come easy to them.
Thats why flight instructors exist. How much are you going to learn from having a 60-100 hour private pilot sitting in the left seat? Also, are you offering to just let someone else fly your plane while you observe from the right seat?

The only way for both of you to log time in a C150 is for one of you to be under the hood, or one of you to be a CFi. You cant both go up, split the cost, and both log the time.