Thread: UND Vs ERUA
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Tays
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Default UND

Like others have said, your medical is a huge factor in all of this. If you're able to get a degree in something non aviation related, go for it. Get your certs the cheapest way possible if you wish to continue on your path.

If getting a degree in aviation is what your set on, go to UND. It is a fraction of the cost compared to ERUA. I personally graduated from UND with an aviation degree. Some of my coworkers went to ERUA and said they made a mistake (financially).

Don't get me wrong, ERUA is a fantastic school, but it is so expensive. If you plan on going through school on loans, you can be looking at ~200k debt. I was able to get some help from family, but I worked full time during college and walked across the stage with about ~50k debt going up through my CFI.

If you want the "college experience" UND is your choice. Be smart, hangout with the right crowd, and don't get an underage. North Dakota is a huge drinking state. Be careful. The winters suck but you get to experience some amazing aircraft performance when its -20 lol.

Just my two cents.