View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 AM
FODhopper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post
That wasn't misogynistic. Is there a word for an ingrained prejudice against fat people? This is your big chance to defend the over weight!
I think I'll just defend respect for our co-workers in the industry. The picture posted is the latest version of a well-worn joke about how women only exist in our industry to serve passengers and be appealing props for men to enjoy. So Misogyny does apply as well as fat-shaming.

You (the royal you) can hurl all the insults at me you want, they were predictable, I'm just fine over here. It's a free speech land we live in so say or post what you want.

But your PUBLIC comments do hurt recruitment to our airline when we need EVERYONE if we are going to keep staffing levels going. Does anyone here want to upgrade?

One last thing, if this was ONLY a joke; I invite those who defend it as such to display that picture on your phone during your interview at a major or whatever desired destination job. I'm sure there will be knee-slapping guffaws all around and lots of congratulatory statements like "We need more folks with your kind of thinking around here!"