View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 06:48 AM
JSDL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Round Two

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
The other thing nobody want to talk about is our looming pay cut. If you credit less than 85 hours per month, the current proposal from our negotiating committee is no retention payment and a $19 per hour raise. There are a lot of people sitting reserve that can't credit over guarantee without giving up precious few days off and many

people don't want to live at work.

This place was getting a lot better, but I don't know about the direction it's going. I can't in good conscience give out recommendations when there are places offering better. $2000 isn't worth selling my soul for the company's benefit when there's better deals out there for career progression.

Just so you know the current proposal from our negotiating committee is not $19 and not even close to that. Will we get $25.56 probably not but we will make up the difference in other parts of the contract.

My suggestion is for everyone to settle down until we have something to look at. And let's not spread misinformation unless you plan on pursuing a career at a news outlet. This is not directed at you specifically Green needles as we all get caught up in crew room banter.