View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
I'll ask you your question in reverse. Why isn't JB management negotiating more like Spirit and Frontier? By all accounts, we are making significantly more progress with much more to accomplish than they do.

And to answer Bozo's question......I have always believed we don't work for an airline...we work for a PR firm that flies aircraft. They're much more worried about their status and what people think of them......our management will be CRUSHED when we don't win the JD Powers award this year....and I'm pretty sure we won't......

So imagine their horror when a bunch of pilots are walking around in circles in front of major airports on BOS, NY, FLL, MCO, LA and plastered on papers and television sets across these areas........I'm not sure our leaders are excited about that prospect...

They know what our contract is going to cost.......they have the $ to pay it......we're getting closer.......this summer/fall will be telling.....fleet review.....321LR decision......contract impasse or TA.......

For those who are looking for our NC to bring back a TA that is substandard/below market rate.....I'm convinced it will not happen.....

BL is, even if we just copied/pasted DL's contract and replaced Delta with jetBlue, there would still be reasons for they bottom of our seniority list to jump to legacy carriers....more stability, more fleet/location options, faster upgrades.......so if you're looking for reasons to leave, they'll always be there.....my hope is that with the new contract, fleet replacement and additions that there will be more reasons to stay.....
Progress until very recently has been on the low hanging fruit of the contract. We have only recently been negotiating the big ticket items, and progress can slow/stop at any time. But progress doesn't change the roughly $3,000 per month, every month that I am losing due to our terrible contract. It's all or nothing right now. Until it's DONE we see no benefit at all, in fact they keep taking things away from us in the meantime​! We are still losing (profit sharing).

Until the TA is done, I will not be lulled into warm fuzzy place. That progress can stop at any time and we continue to lose every month until it is DONE.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad things appear to be progressing better than Spirit and Frontier, but that's a pretty low bar and offers NO guarantee this won't last another year or two and I still argue that it is completely illogical to defend JB until we are NO LONGER compensated 30-40% below our peers.