View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 AM
AllForTheWookie
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by WhatEverItTakes View Post
Here are your RESERVE PILOTS WILLFULLY VIOLATING THE CONTRACT by putting themselves on Standing Available in APRIL.

CBA 25.G.7. Standing Available

There shall be a standing availability list, maintained in Crew Scheduling and accessible for pilot review, on which regular and relief pilots may place their names for open time that is available for the current or next day...

CBA 26.II. The Company shall not solicit nor accept offers from pilots to violate contractual limitations. The Company shall not enter into arrangements with individual pilots that violate the Agreement.

ALPA Constitution and Bylaws
ARTICLE VIII - HEARING AND APPEAL PROCEDURES SECTION 1 - HEARING OF MEMBERSHIP CASES
A. Any member (including any Inactive member) may be disciplined, fined, or expelled for any of the following acts:

(9) Acting in any manner to circumvent, defeat or interfere with collective bargaining between the Association and an employer or with existing collective bargaining agreements.
(10) Doing any act contrary to the best interests of the Association or its members.

CBA 25.K.4.i

NO RESERVE PILOT MAY BE PLACED ON THE STANDING AVAILABLE LIST

Feel free to add if you see someone was missed. Ladies & Gentleman,

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

blah blah blah blah blah

I am all for standing together and singing kumbaya but this is taking to too far. Posting peoples names on a public forum is unethical and discriminatory. YOU have no idea the life circumstances of ANY of these individuals! Each person has the right to choose how they lead their lives and in NO WAY do we have the right to judge them for it. If someone wants to use their 5 JRMs or take all the phone calls, releases or MUP they are offered that is their choice.

You think this helps us get closer to a contract? By tearing ourselves apart? Management loves this stuff, keeps us fighting between ourselves. At the last pub event I attending two pilots almost came to blows. Ridiculous!

How can we expect to be paid and treated like professionals when we act like children not getting what they want?

Last edited by vagabond; 04-19-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: deleted names