View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:14 PM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by WhenPigsFLy View Post
Its already happening in the C130 guard/reserve world with IP's (All crew positions) being sent to A-stan for one year to teach the A-stan Air force.
How many Guard guys are actually being called up? Of them how many actually volunteered? I've heard of Reserve guys being individually mobilized but no Guard guys.

Status: Coordinating manpower requirements for 179/365-day assignments with the ARC.

Deployments: Review/validate all 179/365-day deployments and recommend AFCENT change ~ 10 billets
from 365-to-179 deployments, and change 11 F to other rated AFSCs....Working to coordinate man-days to enable more Guard and Reserve volunteers for these deployments.
Oh good, more deployments for the ARC! Are they trying to fix the AD shortage by worsening the ARC shortage?

-- New FTUs: Interim basing solution to stand-up two new F-16 Formal Training Units (FTUs) at Holloman
AFB, NM.

-- More AGR IPs at FTUs: Fund 66 additional AGR Instructoi· Pilot positions at FTUs
More assignments to Holloman...again, are they trying to increase or decrease the shortage?

Good thing they shut down the FTU at Springfield.

ADAIR: POM18 input for contract adversary aircraft (ADAIR) for FTUs and operational Sqs
Might need more ADAIR companies...business opportunity? Although, I would want nothing to do with for profit tactical aviation!

2ND Shift MX: Analyze increasing absorption with added second shift maintenance to seven NGB squadrons
by changing TR maintenance positions to full-time billets

Increase Active Associations: Increase absorption by increasing active association 11F cockpits
Intersting. Glad I'm close to retirement.