View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Who is it that everyone is scared of shutting down the program referenced in this thread. Anybody/or agency that thinks that anyone *skipping* regular security could be a "threat"

You can get media people (bloggers on up) like this that will influence the social media masses which may end of causing their politicians to start looking at the program:
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...rfeit_pil.html

So rick air and john carr.......you guys aren't worried about the future and viability of the KCM if there are continued...............uh not sure if abuses is the right word here but I try it on for size in any case. Others in the this thread certainly consider it a step in the wrong direction.

Btw John Carr - yes I work for FAA Flight Inspection Services (or said in another way 'Flight Check' as it states in my profile). Of course I have insider information about everything!

No Airhoss - - - we're trying out a *new* organization. An armed FAA
It was a serious question. There are always going to be occasional glitches with KCM, people are people. That's probably not a threat to the program as long as they're few and far between. The media is always going to blow hot air over anything headline-grabbing. I'd be concerned is some senator was making it a personal crusade to kill KCM.

Intentional smuggling of big-ticket contraband is more of a threat to the program, but that's more rare than brain-farts like this (I'm assuming dude didn't intentionally bring his gun to work).

If terrorists utilized KCM that would be a problem.

Also...TSA actually likes KCM. They're caught between limited funding one hand and public/congressional resentment and hatred on the other, so anything that frees up capacity and reduces wait times is a win for them.