View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 AM
awakenedpilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Mil pilot to corporate job to airline?

I've read some examples of this and even know a few guys who did this and are happy now that they went back to flying, but just seeing if anyone else has any recent experience.

I separated from the AF, went to a corporate non-flying job, and while I don't HATE it, I also don't care about what I'm doing and know long term I will grow to hate it. I'm on a digital leash with hundreds of emails about a lot of nothing and deal with petty drama. AKA, management. I get paid really well for usually not doing much, but the job has nothing to do with flying and as a result I'm really missing it. I have no experience in the field that I am in and haven't developed a "care factor" for it in the 1 year and 3 months that I have been in this job.

I am pretty much sold on jumping to a regional and hoping for a major call but just wondering if anyone can relate to this? I feel like I had to see what else was out there and prove to myself that flying is maybe what I wanted all along. One of the reasons I got turned off of flying was the AF way of flying... TACC delays, MX, airman snuffy didn't do their CBTs in order to fly, CBRNE, ACDT, retaskings, mountains of paperwork to fly a local... etc.

Anyone else go through this "coming of age"?