View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Bucknut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Given the recent events, I think crewmember's need to rethink how these things are being handled. I was not there in any of these situations and I am not judging. I have kicked several people off flights before. I simply state "You are interfering with a crewmember's instructions which a violation of (FAR 91.11,121.580,135.120 depending on which operation you are operating) and you will be subject to a 25,000 dollar fine. If you chose not to comply I will have to have you removed from the flight. If it is in flight, I remind the FA to tell them the same thing except for they will be met by law enforcement at the gate. It is also important for the FA not to escalate the situation which is my job to try and determine if that is happening. If you make this statement and it is caught on camera and goes public two things should happen. The person who escalates the situation does not have any defense. The Media which seems to be fairly ignorant about this type of situation may actually do some research and inform the flying public about the regs. There are many crewmembers out there that either has forgotten about these regs or not aware of it. I started a thread on this and I am sure many will chime in.