Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
Does freedom of choice not mean anything?? Does it absolutely kill ya'll that some don't think the way you do? Oh - I'm sorry - we're all stockholm-syndrome brainwashed, right?

Look guys! That dude is different! Let's throw rocks at him because we're not comfortable with the fact that some people just don't think the same things we do!! :rolls eyes:
If that diatribe is in response to either of my posts, I have no idea WTF you are talking about or the point you were trying to make. Then again, I've only had one cup of coffee so far...

Vote no if you don't think ALPA would be beneficial to you and your pilot group. Vote yes if you think it will. That said, don't get caught up in the emotion either way...fairly and objectively evaluate both options and consider ALL pros and cons. I think the pros of representation far outweigh the cons, but admittedly I don't work at Skywest.

I think this vote is going to fail by a 40-60 margin, and its going to fail largely because many FOs (falsely) believe ALPA will damage relations with management causing their upgrade train to come to a screeching halt. Just the opinion of one observer, with more than a passing interest in the outcome.