View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Hurondriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
any reports from this event ? did it happen yet ?

Great event. Finished yesterday. They officially announced the end of the 1000 TPIC requirement. Now it's more preferred. They're following the other majors.

Growth plan using round numbers is 1000 airplanes and 11000 pilots over 10 ish years, economics dependent of course.

My one on one pilot interviewer said 4 year degree isn't required they understand if you don't have it for various reasons so don't let that stop you from applying. Then he added of course the majority of new hires do have it. Not an issue for me, but I know it gets asked. This open window for applications is for more immediate availability (one to three months). They are however going to look out up to a year out in the future.

737 type. It is no longer a requirement and has a preferred point value which is decreasing over time. They don't want the people who spent the money to get it to feel as if they wasted they're money. It is not recommended to go get one now. They don't want to retrain people the southwest way if they can help it.

Probably more for military, but don't include helicopter time in total time on resume. Ok on pilot credentials though.

That's I'll I can think of off the top of my head. Notes are in my checked luggage. Will add more if I find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk