View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 03:17 PM
WhiskeyKilo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

The voice in the back of my head keeps telling me to look at Atlas. I know the lawsuit between the pilot group and management is not good and the relationship has been suffering for a long time.

The first year pay is a little concerning but it seems like everyone is keeping busy flying if they want to fly. The school house being backed up will slow things down but from what I have been reading those who are on reserve are flying +70 hours a month. Upgrades appear to be moving quickly. A 2017 hire could potentially hold the left seat in as early as 2 years from what I am seeing here.

My biggest concern I see is the stuff about imputed income. What it looks like to me is the company will pay for hotels and flights to/from the job/training but they will basically charge you for it via taxes. Am I getting that right?

I'm not looking to get talked into joining or talked out of staying away I am just trying to form the best opinion with the pros and cons of each company I think I would be interested in flying for.

I live in Metro Detroit and I've already looked at K4. It looks like they are just barely scraping by with flights but Atlas looks like it is a beehive of activity. Although appearances can be deceiving.