View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Let's see:
6 year deal, yep I knew it was a 6 year deal when I voted.

Passover Pay, yep, I knew passover pay would change to SDP once we actually gain control over when we go through ITU training. Looking forward to that one actually, hate being at the whims of the whipsaw training letter-makes it tough to plan.

A fund (pretty sure you mean the A Plan), yep, I knew there were no changes to the "A fund" when I voted. Knew that my NC claimed the improving the "A fund" was something mgt wasn't willing to consider. (As an aside, that's something that sure seems prevalent amongst other Fortune 500 companies)

B fund increase (again, think you mean the B plan). I foolishly thought the "B fund" increased after CBA 2015 passed. Oh wait, it did. So, not sure what you mean here. Did they sell us out by not trading away the "A Fund" for a 15% "B Fund"? But either way, I knew about it prior to voting.

Best we can get? Pretty sure 100% of every negotiating committee at every airline brings a TA to Union Leadership when they think they've reached a Best We Can get (it's a trade off between where we are and how long it would take to dramatically improve where we are. ie a 10% raise now is better than a 13% raise in 2 years)

Buy Up plan increase. In case you missed it, Buy Up plan was increasing prior to the TA. The annual increase was limited, but not capped. And we had no info on actual cost. Now our costs are set at a % of the cost, and we get to look at the books. Pilot Cost Share goes to 20% in 2019.

Lie Flat Seats. Currently being grieved. So, results pending.

Highest paid. Didn't think that meant forever. Thought that was the whole point of pattern bargaining.

ALPA Spent frivolously. Various events sure look frivolous from a distance. The Zoo family days, BWW, a whole slew of things I just don't get to play in as a commuter. But, as a commuter, I don't tend to work a whole bunch of extra days and I really need the folks in domicile to "step up" and "give up" the bonus bucks of draft to put pressure on the company.
And that was then, this is now. Aren't we supposed to keep track of our Union, and if we don't like where it's heading, communicate that to our reps so they change course?

5% bonus. The date of that payout was up in the air pending various issues. The fact that it's still pending isn't a secret and the why's and the when's and the we hope's have been part and parcel of many of our Union's communications over the past few months. I personally expect to get less than 5%. I expect that the 75 FOs who the company has hosed by not paying them passover (and are currently hosing by shifting the training letter around pretty dramatically) are going to get greater than the 5% of their NB Bonus payments to compensate for the fact that they should've gotten WB $$ for the 55/40.
That the Mil Leave folks who should've gotten Capt $$ or WB FO $$ for the 55/40 will get more than the 5% their initial payments were based on.

ALPA messed up accounting. Guess this is the one and only time people will think FedEx Mgt has involved ALPA programmers in, well, anything.
AND, unless I missed something, Union Dues were paid at something less than 100% by folks who got an extra check. Isn't it at least somewhat incumbent upon us to pay at least a little attention to the deductions in our paychecks. Maybe wondering, hmm, that's odd. I sold 7 days of vacation back but my Union dues were the same as a normal month.

Bad Standing, what do we have to lose? Absolutely nothing if you live in Domicile, other than the respect of every other dues paying ALPA member out there. The RJ guys for example, thinking they probably pay a bit more attention to the deductions in their paychecks