Old 03-21-2006, 10:49 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by dckozak
Sounds like you got a great Corp job, but how many are that good. I have no doubt that the best corp flying beats any airline job, great pay,better days off, golf with the boss (do you ever win?? ). The problem is, 1. you don't know till you know if its going to be that good, 2. Tomorrow, depending on the BOD, the new CEO, or the new austerity plan (hate those bean counters ) it could all change. 3. You could make the mistake of winning at golf (" dam ball went in when I tried to miss...") or P** off the wrong future VP.
Sure the airlines are no panacea, but at least its a less political playing field from a pilots prospective. And some layovers are not so bad (currently looking at the mountains around Anchorage ).
How many airlines jobs are that good? How do you know if an airline job is going to be any good? Everybody hired pre 9-11 though they had a "good job". Tommorow, depending on the economic situation, another terrorist attack, the price of oil, it could all change. As far as political goes, well, true. But I can garauntee at a good corporate job the guy will not have to deal with 2 years of stalled contract negotiations.

Not getting into a pi$$ing contest with you, but just as there are "few" good corporate jobs, in the big picture, there are few "good airline jobs".