Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 01:42 PM
nordo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
This is the only point I agree with that No Land has put up.

This contract has been in negotiation for something like 8 years or there abouts? One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So we have someone that says what many of us are thinking and wish was being said and the people that have been negotiating this thing for years want to silence him. Let's take E.L attitude into negotiations and see where it gets us. God knows we have gotten no where in 8 years. What have we got to lose? (Notice I used "lose" and not "loose".)

If ALPA removes EL, it will divide the group even more. Magpbs, I would strongly urge the rest of the council to let this go.
You don't get through negotiations by being a jerk, and pounding on the table. The other side will leave and tell you to come back when you grow up. No matter how long we've been doing this, we still have to play by the rules. Two MECs turned him down to be on the negotiating committee, apparently they knew him and didn't think him an appropriate choice I guess.

If you don't think EVERYONE involved doesn't want this done, you need to think again. But you can only go as fast as the other side will move. What would YOU do differently than everyone involved up until now? Seriously? Did you put your name up to be a negotiator?

Oh, and it wouldn't be ALPA removing EL, it would be the pilots in the DFW council. I guess in your wise narrative telling MAGPBS to "let it go" you didn't know that, nor apparently do you seem to know or understand that MAGPbs is the Council Secretary/Treasurer so any motions like that would come to him to be placed on the meeting agenda, he's probably NOT the one who placed the item there (although who could blame him after being blindsided like that). If the council 85 pilots vote to keep him, so it shall be.