View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 03:15 PM
BravoPapa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Subieguy14 View Post
So i am about to take my CMEL and CSEL. i currently have about 190 hours and 50ish sim.

When i finish all my training up i will have around 200 hours total FLIGHT (100ish SEL and 100 MEL) time. Do the 50 hours of sim count towards my 250 TT? or do i just build the extra 50 hours myself? not to sure how it works if i want to find a surveying job or something of the 250 hour low time variety.
From the commercial requirements under "(i) Permitted credit for use of a flight simulator or flight training device."

So yes, you can count your "50ish" sim.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (i)(2) of this section, an applicant who has not accomplished the training required by this section in a course conducted by a training center certificated under part 142 of this chapter may:

(i) Credit a maximum of 50 hours toward the total aeronautical experience requirements for an airplane or powered-lift rating, provided the aeronautical experience was obtained from an authorized instructor in a flight simulator or flight training device that represents that class of airplane or powered-lift category and type, if applicable, appropriate to the rating sought;

And under that it says if you did it part 142 you can count 100 hours.

So yes, you can count your "50ish" sim.