Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 PM
hyperboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6
Default does matter

Originally Posted by captsurf View Post
It starts out with a basic multi-tasking exercise that last approx 5 minutes. It asks at the end what you saw, what you heard, stuff you didn't even know was happing in the background. It is very stressful and is designed that way. Don't freak out because you get to take it again, this time knowing what to look for... Then a cognitive test solving patterns, algebra, and basic math. After is a 30-40 minute personality test that has different types of questions to gauge your personality (what would you do in this situation, I agree/disagree, more like me/less like me). They are just looking for overall consistency, as they ask you many of the same type of questions in different ways. After that is a basic flight simulator where you maintain altitude and just fly to different waypoints. Finally is a hand-eye coordination exercise where you must keep a ball centered on a target using the joystick. The assessment all-in-all took about 1.5 hours.

I've been told it's starting to carry more weight, but only if your panel interviews were weak. Then they look at your scores as a deciding factor. But if your 2-on-1 was strong, they pretty much don't even look at your scores.

I'm sorry to say that this information is inaccurate. The assessment does matter. The interview is completely independent from the assessment. One has NOTHING to do with the other. Successful candidates must be successful on both. I will admit you can prepare for the interview and not really the assessment. Good luck to all candidates I hope this helps!