Thread: ATI hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 10:43 AM
FlyAstarJets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Frm. DHLAirways. Blue & White Boeing's Now. YEA!!

Originally Posted by b707guy View Post
Fair enough, so forgive me for getting defensive. But I have to ask, how is ALPA leadership working "with" ATI and ATSG management to keep us in the mud? I sure don't see it, but these claims just keep popping up!!
Woog,

I gotta echo what 707 said here.

I came on with ATI in '09 after the DHL debacle after 14 years there. I am and will be forever thankful to the ATI group for bringing me on and being accepted into the ATI family. And that's how I view this place, it's my extended family. And like any family, we are very protective of our culture and our people. No family likes, nor deserves, to be dictated to or told how they should operate or what's good for them.

You are absolutely correct when you say "it just makes sense" to coordinate as a whole. But the word "coordination" implies a two way street. At no time whatsoever did we feel there was that feeling. We were being dictated to how we should operate and being told "what was good for us". And when we rebuffed those "suggestions" we were told "we (your EXCO) are going to scope you (ATI) out of existence". Your EXCO's words, not ours.

Now you tell me, does that sound like someone who has our best interest at heart???

You say, as others on this board, that our MEC is selling us out. Well you might see it that way. But we see it as they have protected us from a very hostile group intent on destroying our culture and our jobs. Like 707 had said, a lot of us are at a point in our careers where leaving is not the best option. So we have made a decision to fight for what we believe is an Industry Standard Contract that supports our culture and not someone else's idea of what is good for us.

Because inevitably, it is us that has to live and work under this contract, not you.

With respect,

FAJ