Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 AM
rjboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ CA

You just don't understand how it works do you? TonyC said it, WE NEGOTIATE OUR TA!!!!! Not ALPA, they are merely a resource when it comes to paralegal, Aero Medical, Financial Insight, etc. Your lack of understanding leads me to believe you haven't completed or even started your research.

I understand that SKW pilot will make up up the MEC and will negotiate our contract. But it is blindness to pretend that we would be independant and free from ALPA national. The ASA merger situation is only the most obvious example. If we were merged and were ALPA we are subject to ALPA's merger policies. I have never even remotely inferred that I thought the ALPA national president would be running the show at SKW but to act like we would be free from ALPA national's agenda is just as one sided.

Also it may be important for you to understand for your future attacks on me that from your posts it seems like you may be fairly new to the whole union experience as most at SKW are. I have already been in and out of two unions (not aviation but professional) in my life. I don't need to do a whole lot of research because as anyone who has actually worked a union job can tell you, the rules are your life and you catch on pretty quick. I understand better than 90% of SKW pilots what it will be like with a union. I also want to restate that I am not anti-union but I know first hand how important it is for your union to represent your interests and not someone else's.

Last edited by rjboy; 09-23-2007 at 07:53 AM.