View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:56 PM
nmarconato
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: In LAX? PM me!
Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
I don't come here looking for a specific forum or topic. Sometimes I'm the original poster but most times I come to see what's new and participate in an interesting topic. But now most topics are hidden in new layers.

By making it more efficient for the user, I suspect that the amount of page views will decrease. This will lead to less ad impressions. Less ad impressions will lead to less clicks. Less clicks will lead to less revenue.

My suggestion would be to eliminate the airline sub forums if you see a decline in page views or revenue.
Thank you. And thanks for sharing your experience. Good points.

We have different users and user experiences on the site, I'll do more research and see what I (and the site) can do for you/your experience. Will get back to you soon, I have a few ideas, but I'd like to review and be comprehensive.

Last question for you: what device(s) do you usually browse the site w/?

Generally speaking though, and back to the original topic, I am more interested in users coming back to the site.

Page views is sometimes tricky to decipher because a decrease in PVs may sometimes be the result of a better user experience. How so? If the user finds what the user needs easily, than it takes fewer clicks per session, as such fewer PVs per session. Is this bad? I don't think so.

I'll do more research and I'll get back to you soon. Bestest. N

Last edited by nmarconato; 04-30-2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to say good points