View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by SGRogue View Post
Scheduled to start in June and have a few questions. When on reserve, can you swap reserve blocks between bases after schedule is posted? For example, if NY 200 based, can I swap with ATL 200 reserve blocks if they align in Flica (assuming they show in Flica). Also, how does it work with picking up open time when between scheduled reserve blocks?
No you may not simply trade reserve in one base for another. The only way to do that is if scheduling is willing to switch you to "out of base reserve" I haven't heard of that happening like it used to. It might still but I don't know. You can't pick trips to fly from open time unless you are able to drop any reserve days over the trip then pick up the trip from open time. (don't count on that happening very often either) Reserve here is basically at the mercy of scheduling with basically no control over anything more than what 11 days off you get per month. You aren't even guaranteed a start time because a trip can usually be preassigned during the preceding stretch of reserve days. Example, last day of a set of reserve is Friday. Next set starts Monday at 10 am. Scheduling can call you Friday and assign you to a trip that reports at 6 am Monday morning and now you are stuck commuting in the night before instead of that morning screwing up your plans for the weekend... sorry . We have a lot of guys commuting or delaying upgrade to avoid reserve here. (we also have several sitting reserve at home rather than commute to a line, to each their own)