Old 05-01-2017, 04:12 AM
GatorHog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: pj's and coffee

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Perhaps these posts represent a very good analysis as to why some, (less than 1% fail) pilots have a problem in training. Gator Hog does not know the answer to what a NADP profile is, and instead of looking it up, indicates through his writing, that a the average professional pilot, would not know that it stands for Noise Abatement Departure Procedure. I am sorry to offend you Gator Pilot, but I can hazard a guess that you have never looked at the Jeppessen Airport Reference pages before. Other countries frown on you operating your Aircraft at their airport against their rules when they are clearly written.
Well, first, I'm not offended, so no worries. (Takes a lot more than that )

Second, methinks you read a little too much into my comment, which was intended to be mostly tongue in cheek. Did I know what that stuff was in that moment of replying to an APC post? Nope. Would I look it up and be prepared for professional training? Of course.

As for Jeppesen...nope. I've been a mil guy (fighters, not mobility) my whole career and we don't use it. Just something else new to learn.

Part of what excites me about civilian flying - and 121 in particular - is that it's a completely different universe compared to what I've been doing for my entire professional career.