View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:40 PM
CaptainDooley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by glide View Post
I've been following this fine thread for a couple years now...good stuff.

I hold a CJO from CPZ for a summer ground school and have to make plans to commit or not. I wanted to get a brief update on a few troublesome issues that generated hundreds of posts on this forum, but discussions/gripes seem to have gone silent lately. They are:

* The changeover to the new crew scheduling system - still a Charlie Foxtrot or has the system now been fixed?

* The loss of MSP base - this consolidation seems like not a good thing but it's no longer discussed (??).

* A giveback of some ERJs - this again seems like not a good thing but it's no longer discussed (??). I assume the math is that the loss of jets means everyone flys less? What are the future prospects?

(Aside: I recently interviewed with SkyWest and recruiters seemed a bit smug about what has happened with Compass recently. Should I assume from this that the jets Compass lost were re-purposed to SkyWest?)

Ultimately, the question is: is Compass still a good place to join as a new FO?

Sorry for the noob questions... I are one.
Is Compass good place for you? Depends on what your goals are.
To your Qs
- changing software that people are use too is always a PITA. It is done, we ain't going back so you learn how to use it. They are continuing to improve it, so that is a big plus, it tells me management does listen to us. By time you get on line and use it there will be more changes , so I say this should be no concern to you.
-MSP base closing only effects you if you were planning to be in MSP
All the flying will shift out to the west were Delta wants it.
-the 6 jets are already gone, so no effect going forward. I say that because if we are hiring that means they need pilots to fill the schedule

So depends what you want
At CPZ, you are guaranteed to fly the 175, get LAX or SEA as a base, 4 hotels a month if you want them. The rest is probably similiarmto Skywest.