View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:44 PM
flyingak
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by glide View Post
I've been following this fine thread for a couple years now...good stuff.

I hold a CJO from CPZ for a summer ground school and have to make plans to commit or not. I wanted to get a brief update on a few troublesome issues that generated hundreds of posts on this forum, but discussions/gripes seem to have gone silent lately. They are:

* The changeover to the new crew scheduling system - still a Charlie Foxtrot or has the system now been fixed?

* The loss of MSP base - this consolidation seems like not a good thing but it's no longer discussed (??).

* A giveback of some ERJs - this again seems like not a good thing but it's no longer discussed (??). I assume the math is that the loss of jets means everyone flys less? What are the future prospects?

(Aside: I recently interviewed with SkyWest and recruiters seemed a bit smug about what has happened with Compass recently. Should I assume from this that the jets Compass lost were re-purposed to SkyWest?)

Ultimately, the question is: is Compass still a good place to join as a new FO?

Sorry for the noob questions... I are one.

Bravo to you sir for knowing how to start some stuff back up!! [emoji23]. Let's see where this goes.... in the meantime, my .05 cents as a junior FO:

1.) IOCC is still an absolute nightmare, I'd rather not say anything else about it, gives me anxiety.

2.) I really can't say anything about MSP other than my completely un-educated and out of the hat opinion on the matter, which is.......It sucks for MSP guys, but it *COULD* work in the west coast guys favor as a lot of senior MSP peeps who have been content might bail now and send us airplanes without crews. Not holding my breath, just trying to be optimistic.

3.) The 6 170s are gone as of this month.

4.) Lastly, all I can do is tell you my opinion which is CP is a cool job. Good equipment, west coast bases, and great crews. But who knows where stuff is going to go. I came to CP from another 121 for a SEA base and a quick upgrade and now I'm sitting RSV in LAX for the unforeseeable future. However, I've been in the industry long enough to know there are worse places to be stuck on RSV. I'm kinda waiting to see how MSP changes things this fall before pulling the trigger on bailing.

I know I prolly didn't help much, but hopefully some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk