View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Xray678
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 7ERA

Originally Posted by S3toHerk View Post
What are rolling greenslips?
How many days a month are you on reserve? Long call? Short call?
How do you get 100 hours pay for 70 hours of flying?
Is there an order on who gets called in?
Do you get a preference of I want to fly or rather not?
What is an IROP?
I am still wondering about parking at DCA, and what Delta provides?
A greenslip is basically a trip for overtime pay. This is a real basic explanation, but on reserve, you get a greenslip on your off days, and it is paid at straight rates above the reserve guarantee. The guarantee is 70 hours, so if you get a two day greenslip worth 10 hours, you are now up to 80 hours pay for the month even if you don't fly again. The beauty of a greenslip on reserve is you get your days off back. So you fly a two day greenslip on your days off. When you get your days off back, you put in another greenslip. Rolling greenslips. This also answers how you can get 100 hours pay for 70 or less of flying.

You are on call 18 days a month. You can be on short call up to 8 days a month. Short call is assigned at the discretion of the schedulers. I have had months where I got short call 8 times, I have had other months where I never got short call. Unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason to the assignment of short call.

The order of who gets trips is determined by days of availability and the RAW score (more on that in a minute).

Days of availability meaning, if a two day trip pops up and you have two days left on call while everyone else has three of more days, you get the trip. If you only have two days left and a three day trip pops up, then one of the three day guys gets the trip.

Now, RAW score. I could post the formula but its too hard to understand. Basically, its a measure of how much you have flown. Roughly for each day you fly you get about 15 points. Now, lets say you have two guys on call. Each has four days available. Pilot one has a score of 65. Pilot two has a score of 85. If a four day trip comes up, it goes to the first pilot with the lower score since he has flown less.

Do you get a preference on flying or not? Not really. If you want to fly you can go in the computure and lower your RAW score by 15 points. But, as you can see in the above example, if pilot two wants to fly and lowers his score by 15 points, it would not change anything.....pilot one would still get that trip.

As far as parking goes, someone else will have to address that one.

IROP is irregular operations, and it really doesn't apply to pilots. Some of the FA rules are different under IROPS, but it has never come up for me.