Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 02:59 PM
nextgendrvr
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Default EL recall

I don't think people understand why half of the pilot group is upset with EL, and feels there is a need to have a recall.

1. Sent out an unprofessional letter that's been called unprofessional by hiring managers at other airlines.

2. Called out Spirit, etc as a second tier job that you can settle for. I'm sorry but what? That's a hell of a lot better than Mesa and trying to mold an image that it's either legacy or nothing is asinine. How many Mesa lifers would have wished they could have gone to spirit years ago, while saying oh eventually I'll get to a legacy. I'm sorry but in 3 years you'll make over 6 figures with great work rules. That's not second tier.

3. EL is supposed to rep the pilots, not send emails with his fellow union workers names on it without their permission, what kind of professional move is that?

4. Does EL really have the pilots group interest at heart? Or his own? Was he at all the picketing events? As someone stated before, pounding the table sounds great but we have to abide by the RLA, it sucks but that's the reality of it. The CA rep is supposed to rep the pilots, but here is an interesting tidbit. Does he? I nominated someone else to be the CA rep but somehow Eric ran unopposed... I find that curious. I then ask who counted the nomination ballots, only to find out it was none other than our lovely CA rep. So, yeah. I'd prefer someone with the true interest of the pilot group at heart. Not someone who has proven to be self serving.