View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:02 AM
BPWI
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: BD-700A

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
I do not doubt there are some guys pulling 500k total compensation in the 91 world. The problem is those jobs are few and far between. For every 91 guy making 300 or more theres probably 50 121 guys doing the same.

I don't know if you've flown 121 before or not but your comment about paperwork has me curious. As a 121 captain I pull up the flight release on my phone, sign it electronically, and we go. I did wayyyyy more flt planning/paperwork flying 91.

Bottom line both are good jobs. Good to have choices.
Agree wholeheartedly. We have a service that takes care of all domestic and international flight plans. Emailed to make sure requests are adhered to, and that my principal's EA has updated times. Other than the occasional hiccup overseas, I rarely have to get involved. The 500K jobs are less bountiful, but I'm not aware of any 121 job that involves you being home every night making that money inside of the cockpit.

This conversation always makes me laugh as their are plenty of jobs on both sides of the fence with amazing QOL and compensation. There is no correct answer, we all just throw our darts @ the board and hope for the best. Best of luck to the OP-