Thread: Best Hotels
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Celeste
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: 145

Originally Posted by minimwage4 View Post
I'm probably going to get some flak but why do most people hate LaQuinta? I know it's a running joke but they have comfortable rooms and beds, they're user friendly and consistant. I think they're a step above ComfortInn.
My company has us stay at a few... a couple of them have the WORST beds of anywhere we stay and pillows that are hard as bricks... guaranteed to wake up with a stiff neck and back ache at 3AM, unable to go back to sleep. One of them that has somewhat comfortable beds is definitely lacking in cleanness and housekeeping.

The breakfasts are very hit and miss. A couple we stay have fantastic free breakfasts, and at least one is absolutely terrible. No hot food, all processed and unhealthy cereal and crap, no fresh fruit... not worth waking up for.

If you're going to an airline for hotels, expressjet hands down. My friends there stay at a lot of nice places... Sheratons, Westins, places downtown with things to do... Laguardia overnights in Manhattan, key West in a Sheraton by the beach, downtown Montreal.... I don't think any other regional stays at comparable places.