View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Egg320
Jet Jockey Junkie

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: F.O.

Originally Posted by Whiplash6 View Post
That honesty is a new concept for them. A month ago you'd make 90k your first year and a new cba would be signed by October. Looks like they've got enough applicants now where they aren't forced to con all their applicants.
Im not doubting you guys at all and am on your side. I completely agree Atlas needs to get their act together and get you guys a new CBA.

I just think they have realised it now and made it pretty clear. They did say it is coming but did not make any promises about 90k first year or that the new agreement would be in place within 6 months.

You have to understand though that a guy on $40 an hour flying 90 hours a month at a regional who is fed up and broken due to the hectic schedules and up and down like a yoyo sees this as an escape and improvement...

They do realise their are massive problems but it beats the hell out of being flogged to death every month for min pay and no job satisfction.

Remember 90 hours a month for a regional guy is 90 hours of actual flying, not sleeping in bunks with 24 to 48 hour layovers but 13 hour layovers and not going anywhere or seeing anything interesting at all.

Before you bite my head off Im not saying long haul is easy or Atlas guys dont work hard or deserve an industry standard contract, they do but for a regional guy this is a step up especially as they know a new CBA will come sooner or later.