View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Egg320
Jet Jockey Junkie

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: F.O.

Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man. ... even though I'm not. ... this used to be called paying your dues. Only it was for $15 an hour flying a 1900 with no flight director for 6-10 legs a day. That is what it means to be fed up and broken.

At the same time, I certainly don't blame you guys for taking advantage of the opportunities that are available today. Just be aware of what you guys are getting into.
Fair enough but I have more than paid my dues in aviation (done all of the above you mentioned) and I to want a better job and QOL.

Im under no illusion that there is a lot wrong at Atlas at present but there is a lot wrong with aviation worldwide...Period!!!

I can think of so many unhappy pilot groups here and abroad that it makes my head spin. In saying that one has to take an opportunity when presented with it.

Hopefully the CBA is negotiated in good faith over the next 12 months but I certainly wont sit in the cockpit *****ing and moaning about it annoying every other Atlas pilot as I was fully aware of what I got myself into.

The situation is what it is but we still need jobs and money to support our families.