View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 PM
evrbodysmugglin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
I just hung up the phone from talking with my colleague at Pdt
He is dec hire and currently still in sim,so no way march new hires can be done already. Also ,he was referring to spending four hours in the sim and only flying one approach because of wasting ALOT time on irrelevant items.This leads to everyone having to get alot of additional sims to get caught up,furthering the backlog.
He goes to sim for one lesson then goes back home for 3or 4 days,goes back for another session or two,then back home again. I dont see how they expect proficiency while they are doing that.Sounds like poor planning to me,but go ahead and blow it off as growing pains. Alot of guys i know wont go to pdt because of their arcadic pratices and procedures. The new millennium pilot dosent want to live and work like its 1984.
I guess they need to change mgmt or their way of thinking or both .idk.

They are hiring. Sounds like you've got it figured out. You should apply to the training dept. maybe you could turn this old dog into a shining star.

without knowing your new millenium pilot buddy's background, we can't tell if it is him or the program. We do have issues occasionally with vunderkids and how to run QRC and normal challenge response etc. but I'm sure it's just the program.

About guys not going to pdt. Those guys that wouldn't go because of not having a magenta line to follow reallyhelped us out with seeing the potential here and making an investment that is already paying off