View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 PM
nmarconato
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: In LAX? PM me!
Default Yes

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Sounds great! (To quote Tony the Tiger.)

An afterthought. For the general threads is there any way to flag them or segregate them (or create a subforums for them?) so it will be easy to spot for those who use the subforums? If not, I can live with it.
Yes. We can create as many categories as we like.

Long story short, it will look as it is now: the top part dedicated to Airlines, w/ content specific threads, the bottom part dedicated to the list of (all!) the threads, sorted by most recently updated first.

I don't believe we "segregate" the threads. The threads will be categorized by "Airline name" or "Other" (if the content doesn't pertain to any Airline), but the threads will also appear in the bottom part of the page.

(This is different than what's happening now, as we moved, hence did segregate, the threads to specific Airline subforums - as such, making much more difficult for senior users of the site to find updates to popular forums - apologies for that)

Those who are looking for content related to specific Airlines, will browse the categories by "Airline name", which will look like the current subforums.

Those who browse by "Airline name" will be finding all the threads pertinent to the Airline. We will be categorizing all the existent threads by Airline name. New threads will be categorized by the user who is posting the new thread by picking the relevant category through a drop down menu.

There will be threads who don't necessarily belong to any Airline per se. Those threads will be categorized as "General" and they will be found in the "Other" category.

The users who would like to review the most recently updates threads, will scroll the page down, past the Airline-named categories, and they will find all the threads, most recently updated first.

Does that make sense? Let me know.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll set this up as soon as possible, and most certainly by the end of May. N

Last edited by nmarconato; 05-10-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Clarify