View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 05:53 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Amen Brother

Originally Posted by cowboypilot
skyhigh- I'm not complaining I'm just saying there are a lot of things you have to go to be an airline pilot and the reason people are willing to fly for 25,000 at a regional is the belief that once they put in their dues they will have a good paying job at major. For all you have to go through if you top out at 100 k it is really not worth it.
Cowboy,

You have just been given the gift of sight. You obviously see the reality and understand why others who are 10 years or more down the road are dissatisfied. It is easy to get to the regionals, but that is where most stay. The majors are shrinking or are rapidly becoming like the regionals as far as pay and working conditions. This is the point that Poundstone was trying to make. You are still young enough to save yourself? I would take a good and hard look at the statistics and develop a thorough understanding of your true chances of making it to the 100K mark. Why even the overly optimistic Ranger places ones chances at one in 20. You seem to have some self respect. Do your research.

SkyHigh