View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:13 AM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
PurpleToolBox, PurpleToolBox, PurpleToolBox ...

Looking at your last 48 hours worth of posts looks like you're ****ed off at everybody - or - your wife forgot to give you your meds - or - maybe you're a nonmember? Maybe you're that guy?

Their decision to swap training dates DOES affect my pay. With the way Management arbitrarily (randomly?) changes training dates it might affect my pay for 12-24 months. I'm sorry that you feel otherwise. It seems like maybe Management and the Union BOTH agree with me and that's why they require my approval (or maybe you're one of those guys that votes on TA's without ever reading them?).

It's interesting that you would make such broad statements without knowing the rest of the story. I'm not ordinarily a guy that chases pay raises preferring instead a better schedule so as to spend extra time at home with my family. My wife is disabled and was unable to work at the time. I'd spent the previous year on first year pay. The $50,000/yr pay raise mattered to my family and me. It was my pay raise.

After seeing how much static I've received here about this topic you've changed my mind. I'll reconsider next time ... unless it's the infamous PurpleToolBox that wants to trade and then I'll have to think about it.

With Kindest Regards,

MM
So by blocking a trade you got your pay raise earlier? I would also like to know how blocking a trade prevents the company from moving training dates.