View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Oh on the Contrary !!

Originally Posted by Ranger
First of all, you're NOT my biggest fan. You're a bitter little man who didn't get where you wanted to be. And please tell all of us how exactly I rubbed anything in? Nope. As usual, it's more of your sick little "Oh, damn. I didn't make it and you did so I'm all ****ed off about that" crap.

By the way, are you related to Poundstone? Maybe you're his illigitimate, long lost, ugly, step-brother? You sure as hell sound alike.

Enough of your petty whinning. You didn't make it. I did. Live with it.

One more thing. I earned it all the hard way.
Ranger and Cowboy,

Ranger...Oh, But I am your biggest fan and I acknowledge that you earned your successes. My entire point on this whole forum is that you are the exception and not the rule. It is (was) my biggest goal in life to become an arrogant self absorbed egotist just like you. And what a worthy goal it was to be paid a kings ransom for a fools Paradise. Who wouldn't want to be lavished with riches for doing something that I would do as a pastime anyway. If only Peter Pan could be so lucky.

I would maintain that I put forth a worthy effort but recognized the folly of my chances early enough to preserve a seed of a chance elsewhere. Not everyone has a 747 left seat waiting for them at the end of the rainbow, in fact by even Rangers own admission that perhaps fewer than "one in 25" ever make it to the promised land. Poundstone and I seem to be cut from the same stone. Our message is similar. I realise that you are not fond of the opinions that I pass, but that doesn't make me a "little man". It is easy to sell the snake oil to the eager youth, play the hero in four stripes. The concepts that I am trying to pass on are in an attempt to save a few. So, throw stones if you like, however I would prefer coherent ideas instead.

Cowboy, you seem to have recognised early the signs of the folly that you are pursuing. My advise is, if you truly love aviation and are prepared to set aside dreams of family, friends, financial security and community then go forth. If any of these sacrifices give you pause then I would work to develop a strong plan "B".

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 03-21-2006 at 08:23 PM.