View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 AM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by DashAviator View Post
OK, I'll bite. I think this TA will pass by a pretty wide margin, at least 75% YES to 25% NO. There'll be the usual 20% of the pilot group that will sit on the sidelines and not bother to vote.

In my opinion, this TA was meant to accomplish two objectives:

(1) Improve FO pay, especially for new FO's on the first and second year scales.

(2) Allow the company to effectively recruit new pilots. This benefits the pilots as well: Less time on reserve and faster movement up the seniority list.

This TA has certain limited objectives. It was NOT meant to be a big cash grab for the senior people, nor was it meant to fix all the problems in the crappy 2016 contract. Every pilot on the contract will get a $15,000 bonus, the newer FO's will get a significant pay raise, and those of us that stay in the Q400 will get a hard minimum daily rig of 4.2 hours. Can you say YES? I did!

We could have won more back from the company. We probably will when this doesn't work the way they hope it does. That's the main argument the no voters have. The jets are ours, they aren't going anywhere, so why not improve some of the sh!tty things we're stuck dealing with now rather than later.

I believe our 5th jet is getting modded in OKC right now.