Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by Airsupport View Post
yeah, wasn't trying to be harsh, just stating the facts... there are a lot of union haters out there.. i know unions aren't perfect, but they are the only thing i have between my career and a management group that would do anything to use and abuse me. In a career where we are one medical or checkride away from being on the street, having a union seems like it is the only logical option..

i would like to invite any anti union people to explain to me how this isn't going to benefit you someday.
you know what, I have flown with many a captains here who didnt vote yes, and werent shy about telling me about it. I would totally respect them if they had some solid reasons, but their reasoning was so narrow. like mainly, why should i have to give up 2% of my paycheck. granted we are all friggin poor but I'm not sure that qualifies as a good reason. some of them have quoted the bossman's propaganda like word for word, you would think they as captains would know better by now than to drink that koolaid. you should sit down with them one day and have a civil debate about this whole deal.