Thread: NWA or UAL
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
SCRWDbyMGMT
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Angry

I have been a NWA pilot for almost 12 years. I can't vouch for anything at UAL but, I can unequivocally state that the NWA work environment is dispicable. The "general" status in the cockpit is deeply divided. Everyone was effected by the bankruptcy. However, NO ONE WAS SHAFTED AS BADLY AS THOSE SPORTING 3 STRIPES!!!!! Capts. will be able to get by on their frozen pensions. First Officers however, will be working at K-Mart to feed themselves.

To begin with, there are three distinct NWA pilot groups. The "Red Book" (pre-merger NWA pilots) "Green Book", (Merged pilots) and "Blue Book" (post merger new-hire pilots). NWA ALPA is owned and operated by the Red Book wide body pilots. EVERYTHING is for the benefit of the wide body pilot at the expense of the narrow body pilots, particularly narrow body F/O's. Where else can a wide body Flight Engineer (mostly Ropes) earn more than a 757 F/O?? Additionally, SENIOR Red Book wide body Capts. have filed a law suit to prevent a 401K Defined Contribution program that would be especially beneficial to the junior pilots that lost the most in terms of retirement benefits.

Granted, UAL pilots lost ALL of their pension to the PBGC. However, this places ALL UAL pilots on the same playing field in terms of pension. NWA on the other hand is DEEPLY DIVIDED. We have had fist fights on the property. It's that bad!!

And, believe me when I state that NWA management has only just begun to defile their employees. There is more to come. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TRUST NWA ON ANYTHING!!

Go to UA! Hopefully they will be smart enough to dump ALPA and establish an effective work environment.

Last edited by SCRWDbyMGMT; 09-25-2007 at 08:14 AM.