View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Tpinks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by GRDWN3Grn View Post
So I have been in corporate for awhile with an on call schedule, never usually gone from home more than about 4 days at the time. What should I expect in the 121 world as a new FO?

Also, commuters, are alot of you guys commuting the day of or the night before? Lets say a one leg commute from an airport with multiple flights daily to your base.
Thanks
Ive been able to get by almost two months without actually having to go to my base since OE (we have out of base reserves and I live in another base...), but recently I have had to make the commute...

For me it depends on the day of the week (weekends have less flight availabilities), time my reserve starts vs time of flights available, and the loads for the flights that fit my schedule. If loads are really tight the day of, I commute the night before. If loads are ok and I have at least two flights that I can list for to make it to base, I go the morning of. We have a two flight commuter clause, so if you list for two flights prior to your assignment and can't make it to base, you are not pentalized as far as occurrences against you go. This gets you out of that day, not the whole reserve period or trip assignment.

They can schedule up to 117 limits and contractually up to 6 days of reserve at a time and up to five days for a single trip pairing.