View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I'm not "spinning it". There were no Legacies hiring in 2002 a year after 9/11 when I went to AT. Just like I don't agree with slamming guys that went to the ME3 during the lost decade when they got furloughed or RJ pilots that went there when none of the Legacies were hiring.

The professional pilot market and airline business is finally doing well in this country and then along comes Norwegian dumping absurdly cheap seats on the lucrative trans-Atlantic market which is killing the yields of DLA, UAL, & AMR and you expect us not to be upset about it, or the fact that there's idiots willing to pay 40K to go fly a B787 for 110K/10 days off?

Newsflash: We're going to continue fighting them as long as they continue to expand into this country. I just don't understand why you're so surprised at this, but quite frankly don't care either. Carry on.....
You seem to care quite a bit...

You have ZERO standing to sit and lecture other pilots about trying to raise the bar when YOU directly contributed to Delta pilots losing 30% of their pay. I had friends that went to Southwest in the 2002/2003 time frame, you could have waited for Southwest. You could have gone and sold cars for a little while. You could have gone back to school. You could have done dozens of other things. But you chose to lower the bar and hurt pilots at legacy airlines by going to a scab infested, low cost, bottom feeder.

Feel free to keep fighting Norwegian. Your efforts have shown tremendous success so far. In fact they have been so successful Norwegian have announced Denver and Seattle as new destinations. But with your own selfish history of undercutting the pay and working conditions at legacy airlines, you have ZERO credibility to get up on your soapbox and lecture others.

Last edited by NEDude; 05-19-2017 at 07:49 AM.