View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by SCRWDbyMGMT View Post
I'll speak slowly so that BoilerUp can understand. I was, and continue to be, SCRWDbyMGMT. Now, it seems to me that If I wasn't getting SCRWDbyMGMT then my representative Union would be doing it's job. However, since I am currently being SCRWDbyMGMT, then it seems logical to assume that my representative union is not doing their job. In fact, I know I've read this somewhere, all ALPA pilots (and non-ALPA) have suffered massive career degradation. So, I think it is safe to assume that all ALPA pilots have been SCRWDbyALPA.
Of course, if BoilerUp is happy with the status quo, please pass him another glass of Kool-Aid.
You work for NWA, right? Just how powerful do you expect your union to be when it is subject to your company's bankruptcy proceedings? What specifically did you expect from them then and what do you expect from them now? Do you honestly think any other union could have served you better under those circumstances?

True, all ALPA pilots shave suffered massive career degradation...but have all concessionary agreements not been ratified by a majority of the pilots that actually make up ALPA? Is it fair to lay blame solely upon the leadership instead of the pilots that approved those concessionary agreements?

I understand that ALPA is made up of PILOTS, many of whom have unrealistic expectations about collective bargaining and won't take ownership of their own situation. These are often the same who unfairly blame others when they should be shining the spotlight brightly upon themselves and their own pilot group.

No need for biting sarcasm...but if it makes you feel better, by all means go ahead.