View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by fub141 View Post
Sorry Albie but if you support this a-hole in any way or fashion you lost my vote. Waffling on how he might be our a-hole is weak.
Fub,

The difference between the way I look at the job and some other guys is I came here with a (admitted wild and goofy) thought and shared it with you. So far, the consensus has pretty much been "that's an interesting and goofy idea, and why don't you take it and shove it up your @ss! " I at least ASKED you guys what you thought...and I think I got the picture. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT! I came here (as I will in the future) throwing out thoughts and ideas and seeking input. And while I didn't get the Wilson center to send out a poll to APC members I think I pretty much got the flavor of how everyone feels.

Okay. Loud and clear. I won't. I consider this on brain storming forum, nothing more. I wanted to stimulate some thought--and get your take. Message recieved.

My original thought sort of paralleled what happened in Scotland many years ago. (Read your books--don't just think Braveheart here--great movie but still a movie version of the facts). We all know William Wallace was the inspiration for Braveheart and a superior fight, motivator, and leader. He is the soul of Scottish independence. However, it was Robert Bruce, a local that was mad at the Brits for scorning him, and a treacherous, deceitful, morally ambivilient leader that eventually defeated the British. He was no saint, but ultimately he got the job done. (Sidebar: Read "Born Fighting" by James Webb, Va Senator).

Next shot across the membership's bow... If some here really feel like the contract was skewed in favor of the senior guys last time (VEBA, GRID penalties, etc) then how would you feel with a younger, less experienced F/O running the negotiations? Does our best negotiatior HAVE to be a captain? Do you think buried in his heart will be a bit more sympathy to the guys who's careers will stagnate for 5 years (or more) due to age 65 and retro provisions?

Discuss--stir the pot--and I know some of you are heading to get your torches, pitchforks, and tar!