View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Bum Hands View Post
I know both status quo rulings very well. Those rulings were for alpa to stop promoting its "no overtime" campaign. Something our alpa has not done. Have you ever gotten an e mail from our union saying so? I certainly have not. Status Quo is not a contract if our pilots and union are not breaking said contract than there is nothing any court can do. Violating your beloved status quo does nothing. No pilot group can be forced to work overtime PERIOD, just because they did before contract negotiations. If you read the court ruling in regards to spirt it was against alpa and pilots encouraging people not to fly. A single pilot can tell someone whatever they want. But the court ruling was for alpa to encourage status quo and that's it. Grow a pair and Status Quo my ass.
For the record, I don't fly for Spirit and never have flown for Spirit. Neither DALPA nor APA suggested that pilots stop flying overtime prior to those rulings.

My recommendation to all Spirit pilots is to get hired at one of the big 4. Spirit's management has always treated their employees like crap. How long did Spirit drag their feet on getting flight crews KCM?