View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 AM
captkdobbs
Back on Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: A330 FO

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
However I tend to be a bit more proactive--paranoia I guess. I still will look at the CQ patterns and bid for specific ones. I am guessing most guys don't do that, because I have always gotten my first choice.
Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
You will find there are probably not more then 10 training patterns for the month. Just bid specific patterns in the order you want them.
I'll 'second' both sailingfun and Herkflyr's suggestions to pick your slots in order, remembering that each preference needs a new line.

If you have a desired order (best to worst), put them each on their own line. If you enter several on a single line, the solver will put them in numerical order, low to high, regardless of the order you selected them, and award the first one it can.

Suggested bid from someone who screwed it up:

1. Avoid Training (unless it's your 'Must go' month or if you actually would prefer this month for some reason. i.e. family stuff going on next month)
2. slot choice 1
3. slot choice 2
4. slot 5, 3, 4, 6 (assuming there is no preference - the solver will put them in ascending order)
5. Prefer Off July 2-31
etc.

I put them all on one line (in my preference order) and was awarded almost my LAST choice since it was the lowest numerically. Oops.