View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 06:53 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
The question is, is July your "must go" month (i.e. the last one in your 3-month window) your "may go" or "early"?

I don't know where you sit seniority-wise, but if July is not your "must go" month, then a Prefer Off July 2-31 bid will likely not give you CQ at all.

On the other hand if it is indeed your last month then I think that strategy could work. However I tend to be a bit more proactive--paranoia I guess. I still will look at the CQ patterns and bid for specific ones. I am guessing most guys don't do that, because I have always gotten my first choice.
It's actually my early month but I'm very junior in category and pretty much go in my early month every time. I will take (all of) your advice and bid specific training events (above the avoid training line) when they are published.

I'm one of those guys that don't do that. Usually I just don't care when I go but this time I do! Want to go in my early month but only in the second half. Heck, I had to read the CQ Bidding Guide just to find out where to put a training bid in and once I got on the right page, figuring what icons to use and how to enter a simple prefer off one line bid took, well lets just say longer than it should have....

I sure hope the company that owns Easybid retains its interface with PBS...

Thanks Everyone! It's appreciated.

Denny